Thursday, February 24, 2005

Recurring

I’ve been having a recurring dream ever since my birthday. It features a seven year old girl following me around during my day. It's a normal day. I shop, have lunch with Molly, go to work. She's there. Following me at a perfect distance. Every time I have this dream the only thing that changes is the events that I'm a part of. I guess what's notable about the dream is that she will casually list what famous people have done by the time they reached the age of 27. “Napoleon Bonaparte conquered Italy before he reached the ripe old age of 27.” “Kurt Vonnegut Jr. quit his job at General Electric to become a full-time writer by the age of 27.” “Ernest Hemingway published his first novel by the time he was 27.” That sort of stuff. (I’m not even sure any of this information is correct.) I know what part of the dream is about but why does it manifest itelf in the form of a young girl? Can anyone answer that for me?

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

The real question isn't what it means, it is what are you going to do about it?

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Oh. My. God. I actually agree with Derek.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home