Saturday, March 19, 2005

Astonishment Can Come In Small Packages

As a director, I’m terrified by the idea of working with children. I read once that Ron Howard, a former child actor himself, advised young directors to avoid working with children. But nothing seems more stunning, dare I say truthful, than watching a child act well. It’s an astonishing feat. So here are my top six child performances (in no particular order):
Rory Culkin in YOU CAN COUNT ON ME
Valentina de Angelis in OFF THE MAP
David Dorfman in PANIC
Max Pomeranc in SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER
Sarah Bolger and Emma Bolger in IN AMERICA

1 Comments:

Blogger MEC said...

The kids in "In America" were incredible. I agree. I can't stand kids who don't act like, well, kids.

Monday, March 21, 2005 1:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home