Monday, March 21, 2005

My Day

Got dressed up today. Wore a tie. I wear a tie at work, but it’s not the same. I voluntarily wore a tie. Oh and I got to wear this scarf that I boosted/liberated from the coat room recently. My feeling is after a week, the original owner got a new one.
I was going to brunch at CAFÉ GRAY, which is located in the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle. I was a little nervous. I hadn’t been to Columbus Circle in a while. I used to work one floor above CAFÉ GRAY, in a different restaurant that caused me much anxiety and mental anguish. But that’s the past. I’m in a different restaurant now, one that suits me perfectly.
The main reason for brunching at CAFÉ GRAY was that I wanted to see my friend Chris Monaco, who is a front server there. In a couple weeks he’s leaving to go to, oddly enough, the restaurant above CAFÉ GRAY--my old restaurant (to do my old job no less). As we were seated, we were told that Chris was called off for the shift and that set the tone for the rest of the meal. Brunch was underwhelming. Only one dish knocked us out and the portions were vastly disproportionate. And when the bill came, I had a little sticker shock. It cost more than when Demian, Jamie, Molly and I went to PRUNE.
After our meal we went to see MELINDA AND MELINDA, the new Woody Allen film that features Will Ferrell. J loved the film, I wasn’t thrilled with it. Maybe it’s because there is no way an out-of-work actor and a music teacher could afford their rather large and opulent apartment on their presumed budgets. Stuff like that always takes me out of a film. But a mediocre film by Mr. Allen is better than 90% of the dreck that passes itself off as cinema.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I give CAFE GRAY a C-. It sucked. The room was ugly, and the food was not good. Whiskey cheesecake? Good Lord. I almost threw up all over their 1980s Hotel-Bar table. Chris Monaco gets a D for not showing up. I looked pretty for this kid and he wasn't even there. B, you were fantastic as usual and get an A for making a poor dining experience quite enjoyable.

Monday, March 21, 2005 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home