Sunday, March 20, 2005

Reading For Amusement

I've found myself reading something on Margo's blog over and over just for amusement. Since it's Sunday I thought it would be apropos to show you just what specifically I've been reading.

I, like Bernard, love brunch. I think that every Sunday should include a very long wait at a diner so loud you can't hear the table next to you even though you're seated so close that you can feel their breath with waitresses who only smile when it is genuine. Since you have waited so long to eat you order too much and eat a plate of eggs and bread too quickly and feel a little ill at the end. You might even order badly: waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. There should be enough coffee served that your knees quiver when you stand up to go. It is best spent with a friend who is just as hungover as you are and you're both still drunk as you look through Realty One booklets reading "4 bedrooms, 2 barns, 40 acres, fenced for horses, needs tlc, Ashtabula, $98,000 - how bad can it be out there?"

I just think that's fantastic. I wish I could write like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Found another New Yorker's blog I enjoy: http://candychung.blogspot.com/...

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger MEC said...

I have to recommend the poet Richard Hugo who is the master of 2nd person writing. And specifically "Degress of Gray in Phillipsburg" http://www.creighton.edu/~spoko/writings/hugo/degrees.html

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home