Thursday, March 17, 2005

This Is It

He read it. I had been keeping it from him for many reasons, not the least of which is he’s my writing partner. The second I show him what I’ve done, he’ll go into writer mode and instantly I’ve got a co-writer. I wanted to write this one by myself, to see if I could do it. He’s a better writer than I am. His instincts are sharper and he sees things that I would never have considered. I’m not a natural writer; I have to work at it. A co-writer helps. Mine happens to be my best friend. And we’re a great writing team. But this one was mine.
He liked it quite a bit. He had criticism, all of which was valid, but it didn’t faze me. The piece is frozen for now. The script is in the hands of the four actors who will bring it to life and based on rehearsals I might change it. But not now. And I’m okay with that. At some point you have to say, “This is the piece. For better or for worse, this is the piece.”
NjP read THE COURAGE JOURNAL. Big day.

1 Comments:

Blogger MEC said...

Definitely a big day. Sounds like it went well - glad.

Friday, March 18, 2005 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home