Monday, April 11, 2005

I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Cowbell

Saw FEVER PITCH tonight. Not a great film but Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon have wonderful chemistry and Fallon’s performance is worth the price of admission alone. Without giving away too much about the plot, I will tell you that at one point in the film there is a pregnancy scare. This is something I’ve wanted to write about for some time. Pregnancy scares the shit out of me. I’ve only had one scare and it shook me to the core. I was 19 and my then girlfriend was 18. Of course, she wasn’t pregnant and we were relieved, but the hell I endured in-between her declaration and the arrival of her period was unbearable. I had no true income. I had no degree. I had no idea what I was going to be wearing the next day let alone what I was doing with my life. One thing was for sure, I didn’t think raising a child was the direction I wanted it to go. Not much has changed for me since then but at least now I have goals. I never asked my girlfriend what it was like for her and I'd like any of my female readership to post a comment in regards to this subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home