Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Stunned

A friend of mine stunned me the other day. Over dinner, he looked at me and without any prompting said, “I want to put a ring on her finger.” Whoa. That’s big. That’s big considering that the girl he was referencing is his on-again off-again girlfriend. They’re currently off-again. (She’s currently seeing a guy with a ponytail and chin hair, who happens to sprinkle the word "dude" into every sentence. We of course don’t like this guy.) My friend has always been very adamant about his feelings about this woman (she’s the reason why they aren’t together at the moment), but for him to make this sort of declaration is revolutionary. He loves her and he is willing to finally admit that he's in it for the long haul. It’s the first move. And I pity the extreme sporter she is currently dating, because he’s got no idea my boy just checkmated him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

What a funny coincidence. I had the exact same conversation with a friend of mine the other day. Curious...

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home