Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Anticipation?

I’m trying to get excited about my dinner at Per Se. It’s a highly anticipated event for me but I can’t seem to get enthused. Dinner at this restaurant is a dream for most people and I get to have it at an absurd discount. It’s the best food on the planet and I'm a foodie if ever there was one. I guess part of my reticence is that I used to work there and it holds some unpleasantness for me. While I have fondness for the restaurant but working extremely long hours and making less than was promised was awful. The dream of working for the best chef in the country while actualized but slowly became disquieting in nature. Tonight I return to the site of my first NYC job a full year after I left to have dinner there. I wonder how the management will react. It doesn’t matter. I’m there with Zion and he should buffer any ill will pointed towards me. Also, Kerry and Chris Monaco are working the shift so I shouldn’t feel that alone. What the hell am I going to wear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home