Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm Finding It Hard To Find The Funny

I let Young Nicholas read my site last night. I gleaned from his reaction that he thought there would be more revelation about me after reading it. I imagine that he had hoped that I‘d use this opportunity to write something that no one knows or admit something that I’ve never confessed to. He even mocked what I’d write about tonight. He thinks my blog is quite boring. Sorry to disappoint, Young Nicholas.

Here’s something: I’ve been watching Young Nicholas’s copy of The Office (BBC version) and I had to stop. And I know I’m about to write something that most won’t agree with but I don’t find it funny. And I think I figured out why: it has something to do with the accents. I don’t find British humour particularly brilliant. I’ve never gotten into Monty Python or Masterpiece Theatre. I mean I understand why it’s funny, but I never laugh out loud. If anything it’s a sort of restrained internal laughter. What I’m looking for is the fall-down-on-the-floor-you-can’t-breathe funny. The British have never done that for me. Again sorry to disappoint, Young Nicholas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home