Friday, May 20, 2005

It's Not About Love

Molly and I haven’t talked in over two weeks. She’ll call while I’m at work; I’ll call when she’s at work. Together we’ve taken the art of avoidance to a new level; it’s like we’re playing an ongoing game of phone tag that no one wants to win. Is this what our relationship is relegated to?
I don’t think I know how to talk to her anymore. What will we talk about? Not her current beau because that would end in a fight. Work talk can only last a half hour tops. What about the good stuff? You know the stuff we’d reveal to each other that no one else got to hear, usually late at night lying in bed. I don’t get first dibs on that anymore. He does. And that burns me. Until I get over that, I can’t really talk to her. I’m mad at her and I shouldn’t be. I need to stop being mad at her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home