Thursday, June 09, 2005

Call

I got a call today from an industry friend. We’ve met twice and I’ve talked to her on the phone a handful of times. I had called her when I heard the news of our closure. I love where she works and I had hoped that she would give me a job at her restaurant--my favorite in the city. I was willing to take a step backward to a runner or back server just to work there. But she tells me that she’s stepping down from as Wine Director to become a server there (she recently had a child) and if I’d like to throw my name into the mix. My knee jerk reaction was to say yes. So she set up an interview for me for tomorrow. I have reservations about the job, mainly that I’m terribly under qualified for the position, but I’ll deal with the thing tomorrow. I’m just psyched to be nominated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home