Friday, June 10, 2005

Interview #1

Without sounding full of myself, I interview well. I don’t do a lot of things well, but I can interview. It’s a small skill that has gotten me jobs that I have no right to have. Some people have a knack for it, some don’t. I do. It’s a gift.

Today I had the most important interview of my life. I was not as nervous as I was for Per Se, but this was more pressure because I was being interviewed for a specific job. They are looking for something specific and I hope to have what they want.

I wore my blue suit. It’s hot to wear a suit on a day like today, but I had to look professional. Funny thing. Guy I interviewed with wore an AC/DC t-shirt and jeans. So I’m sitting there across from this man giving a fairly competent interview. I hit all of the notes that I wanted to hit…phrases that have played well for me in these types of situations.

A couple hours later, my phone rings. It's the AC/DC fan. “Can you interview with [the world renowned chef/owner] on Monday at 3?” I’m fucking stunned. You could have tipped me over with a feather. “I’ll be there.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home