Thursday, July 21, 2005

It Is About Love

In just a few hours, I’ll be meeting up with Chris and Kerry to go to a certain restaurant in upstate New York. We’ve been excited about this for quite some time. It’s the type of food trip that you just decide to go on and forgo any consideration of money. It’s not about that. And unlike the Fiona Apple song, it is about love. Love of food that is. These are the biggest foodies I know and I’m just riding the wave. They could out talk me on food any day of the week and twice on Sunday. My future restaurant partners are passionate and vibrant individuals, who know what they want to do with the rest of their lives. I know what I want too (filmmaker), but it’s hard to share that with someone. They’ve chosen a field that is able to be enjoyed with others.
So we’re grabbing coffee and chai tea (Chris doesn’t drink coffee), getting in Chris’s car, listening to some mix CDs I burned, talking about the current state of the culinary world, touring the restaurant’s facilities, bumming around the area and then having the best meal of our lives. I could be jinxing it by saying that, but the one thing I’ve learned in life is that any meal isn’t about the food. I mean the food helps (and we’ll be eating some mighty good food tomorrow), but it’s more about the company. Nothing beats drinking and laughing with your friends. Follow that with cigars at the hotel room and yet another bottle of wine and we’re good to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home