Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Wasn't Barefoot

Yesterday I found myself at Bryant Park during the day. (I’ve only walked by it late at night.) The park, I didn’t realize, has café seating throughout it. Only in New York would you find a park that caters to the type of person that doesn’t like getting their pants all schmutsy. I, for the record, am one of those people. I went with no purpose beyond daydreaming. I had a moment where I thought it would be funny if a man came up to me and said, “I went to the zoo today.” It’s the start of Albee’s Zoo Story and I’d be in the middle of it. In any case, I imagined it’s the place I would come if I worked in Midtown and in an office and had a short break. I’d come armed with a paper cup of halfway decent coffee, croissant and my copy of the New Yorker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home