Sunday, August 28, 2005

Two Films

I go to the movies because it makes me feel good. That’s it. It’s a simple and honest truth. One that I find comforting and fun. I went to see The Baxter and The 40 Year Old Virgin this weekend. Both were solid films, nothing to truly rave about, but they got me out of the apartment. The Baxter features a wonderful sequence at the end, which plays my favorite Rufus Wainwright song underneath it. It’s funny but I think most people won’t understand why, that is unless you live in New York. Also there’s a wonderful performance by Michelle Williams, whose character reminds me of Annie Hall mixed with Fran Kubelik, although I cannot defend this comparison.

2 Comments:

Blogger Celia said...

Yeah, I know this is a random comment, and you don't know me from Eve, but please, tell me, what was the Rufus song that was played? I just saw the movie last night, and I recognized the song as him immediately, thought how much I love that song, and then promptly forgot what song it was, and it's now driving me crazy. Especially since there seems to be a conspiracy to not mention the name of the song anywhere on the internet.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

It's Beautiful Child. It's on his Want One CD.

Friday, September 16, 2005 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home