Thursday, August 25, 2005

Wilder

I’ve realized through a cursory look at my recent blog entries that I’ve been rather dour. That’s not fun to read. I apologize.

I recently found out that The American Museum of the Moving Image is about to begin a Billy Wilder retrospective. For those of you who love Cameron Crowe (writer/director of such seminal films as Almost Famous and Say Anything…) you should check out Billy Wilder’s stuff. Crowe is our generation’s Wilder. And if there’s any doubt about that you should read Crowe’s book Conversations with Wilder.

My favorite Wilder film (and also my favorite Audrey Hepburn film) is Love in the Afternoon. It features among the best final scenes in all of cinema. Just fantastic. Maurice Chevalier is so good in it. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home