Friday, November 25, 2005

Avoiding Writing

The holiday season has begun and I’m celebrating by going to work later. For now, I’m enjoying a small double mocha (I’ve had to stop ordering Red Eyes…I had an adverse reaction to the extreme amount of caffeine) and attempting to write. I’ve been avoiding writing this particular scene for the script I’m writing with Nick (and now that NjP is a reader of this blog, I’m sure he’ll be happy to hear that I have yet to begin). It’s a complicated scene with lots of intricate shit going on. I’m a little terrified to write it. The white piece of paper, as Aaron Sorkin tells us, openly mocks the writer. Every writer has this insecurity: that what you’re about to write will reveal your true lack of talent. But here I am sitting in front of my computer, like I do every day, because I have to. I don’t have a choice. I’m a writer at heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home