Sunday, November 06, 2005

Truth Over Brunch

It’s 2:00. I’m laying in bed. Fuck you I’ve got nothing to do today. I got up earlier to watch some TV okay? So I haven’t been in bed all day. Just most of the day. My phone rings. It's Em.
“Hello?”
“Hello. Did I wake you up?”
“No.”
“Are you sure? Not even a little bit?”
“I’m up.”
“What are you doing?”
“What are we doing?”
“Brunch?”
“Meet me in ten minutes in front of my building.”
“Okay.”
I hop in the shower, change and run downstairs. We eat brunch at August. She has the Eggs Florentine, I the burger. Before the food comes, she tells me something.
“So you know when I called on Tuesday?”
“When you didn’t leave a message?”
“You were coaching.”
“Uh huh.”
“Well I was calling because I wanted to tell you your efforts haven’t been for naught. My day at work was going well when you were there and then you left and everything went wrong. And all I could think was ‘Where is he?’”
I smile, but not too much. I can’t let her know how happy this makes me. But I’m doing jumping jacks inside. I knew that she’d come around. Persistence is important with a girl like Em.
So we’re definitely dating. No more of this ambiguity that we were both adhering to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home