Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Moment of Clarity

I woke up and something was different. No hangover despite the copious amount of alcohol I drank the entire previous day. I pulled back the curtains and there was the sun. For the first time, in a long time, I wanted to feel better. And then I had a true moment of clarity. My misery stemmed from the way I cut Em out of my life. It was cold and unlike me. I needed to do it, yes, but it was a bad decision among even worse choices. I miss her and no bottle of wine or beer would cauterize that wound. So I did something that even surprised me. I went into the coffeehouse, knowing that I’d see her. I had to make things right. So we had lunch. And we talked. And it was good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernard~ I miss you. ~Mandy

Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home